Grenfell Tower Inquiry: who are the 12 expert witnesses?
The Grenfell Tower Inquiry has appointed 12 "expert witnesses" to produce reports into the Grenfell Tower disaster.
Their reports and expert testimony will assist the work of the Inquiry as it progresses through its first phase of hearings, which last until November this year.
The first phase examines the existing fire safety and prevention measures at the 24-storey residential tower.
The expert witnesses are:
- Dr Barbara Lane, chartered fire engineer, leader of fire safety engineering at Arup
- Colin Todd, fire safety consultant, CS Todd & Associates
- Professor David Purser, Hartford Environmental Research
- Professor Edwin Galea, CAA professor of mathematical modelling, director fire safety engineering group, University of Greenwich
- Dr. Ivan Stoianov, senior lecturer in water systems engineering, Imperial College London and engineering and physical sciences research council fellow in Water Systems Engineering
- Dr. J. Duncan Glover, Failure Electrical LLC
- Professor José L. Torero, John L. Bryan chair and director of the Center for Disaster Resilience, University of Maryland, USA
- Professor Luke Bisby, professor of Fire and Structures and head of Research Institute, School of Engineering, University of Edinburgh
- Professor Niamh Nic Daeid, director of research, Centre for Anatomy and Human Identification, School of Science and Engineering, University of Dundee
- Rodney Hancox, director, Gas Distribution Solutions
- Steve McGuirk, former chief fire officer Greater Manchester, Cheshire and South Yorkshire, former president of the Chief Fire Officers Association, board member and fellow of the Institution of Fire Engineers and former lead adviser to the Local Government Association
- Beryl Menzies, fire safety consultant, Menzies Partners (producing a report considering the application for building control approval in relation to the refurbishment of Grenfell Tower)
The expert witnesses' reports will be added to the Grenfell Tower Inquiry website once they have been produced.