West Midlands awards celebrate excellence
The Celebrating Construction Awards – run in partnership with the CIOB and Constructing Excellence Midlands – joined forces with Midlands Generation for Change (G4C) and Constructing Excellence West Midlands Awards in April for a high-profile ceremony in Birmingham.
The evening was hosted by Mark Durden-Smith, while Professor Charles Egbu FCIOB, CIOB senior vice president, welcomed the 500 guests to the ceremony with a short speech.
The Midlands G4C Awards recognised achievers in the industry under the age of 36, while the West Midlands Celebrating Construction Awards showcased innovative solutions and developments from across the region.
With over 150 outstanding submissions, G4C & Constructing Excellence Awards judges had a tough task. The night’s big winner was Midland Metro Alliance, with two Constructing Excellence categories – the People Development Award and the Integration & Collaborative Working Award – for its Transforming the West Midlands through Alliancing and Collaboration initiative.
Wesley Belle from WM Housing Group also took home two awards, one for Young Trainee of the Year – a category sponsored by CIOB Novus – and the second for Young Achiever of the Year.
- Apprentice of the Year: Ben Fenwick from Arcadis
- Commitment to Training and Development: Willmott Dixon
- Mentor of the Year: Karen Ryan from Stepnell
- Student of the Year: Callum White from The University of Birmingham
- Young Professional of the Year: Yasmin Nally from Lungfish Architects
- Young Trainee of the Year: Wesley Belle from WM Housing Group
Constructing Excellence winners:
- Client of the Year: Regal Property Group for The Bank
- Innovation: Innovaré Systems for i-FAST the Next Generation of SIP Technology
- Integration & Collaborative Working: Midland Metro Alliance for Transforming the West Midlands through Alliancing and Collaboration
- People Development: Midland Metro Alliance
- Preservation & Rejuvenation: WHG for Warewell Close
- Project of the Year – Building Projects: Central Learning Partnership Trust for Heath Park School Art and Media Centre
- Project of the Year – Civil Engineering: Cundall for Larkhill Service Families Accommodation Project
- SME of the Year: Probuild360
- Sustainability Award: Wates Construction for The Bank
- Offsite: IDP for St Clair Gardens – Recovery Mental Health Centre for Mind
- Young Achiever of the Year: Wesley Belle from WM Housing Group