Two £1,500 prizes available in Art of Building competition 2020
The Chartered Institute of Building’s (CIOB) Art of Building photography competition has returned and is open for entries, with two prizes of £1,500 up for grabs.
The competition is free to enter and open to anyone over the age of 18 from any part of the world.
Entries close on 25 November 2019 and there are two cash prizes on offer: a £1,500 for the Judges’ Prize and a £1,500 for the Public Choice winner.
Each year thousands of professional and amateur photographers take part inspired by the built environment and capturing it in thought-provoking and imaginative ways.
“The breadth of photography we see is amazing. From those who are revealing a little-known building to those showcasing a familiar icon in a new light,” said Saul Townsend CIOB head of communications.
“Last year Yi Cherne Juang scooped the top prize using his iPhone 7. Voters were switched on by his architectural style which revealed the impressive interior scale of the Westfield World Trade Center in New York. It was a fantastic example of the increasing power of smartphone cameras in the hands of a talented photographer.”
Caroline Gumble, chief executive of the CIOB and part of the judging panel for this year, said: “I am proud to be involved in my first CIOB Art of Building competition. I’ve been so impressed by the quality of the entries in previous years and I can’t wait to see what’s submitted this year. As someone who can’t resist taking photos of buildings and construction sites and architecture, I know there must be lots of people out there with amazing and stimulating images to share.”
- The competition is free to enter and open between 28 October and 25 November 2019
- A panel of industry judges shortlist the entries to 12 finalists.
- There are two awards on offer. The £1500 Judges’ Prize, chosen by the Judges, and the £1500 Public Choice Award chosen by the public through an online vote.
- Up to three photographs per person may be entered into the competition across the categories
- Entries may be digitally enhanced or altered but must be submitted via the website in a JPEG format between 2mb and 8mb per photo. Entries will not be accepted outside of the advertised closing date or if they are embedded with borders or locks
- The competition is now in its tenth year
- For more details about the competition and to enter, log on to www.artofbuilding.org.
- The competition can also be found on Twitter at http://twitter.com/Art_of_Building or on Instagram at www.instagram.com/ciobartofbuilding