Government offers Brexit webinar to construction firms
The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) is to hold a webinar for construction firms on 28 October to help them prepare for Brexit.
The 11am webinar promises to provide businesses with information on the actions they should take to prepare for new rules from January 2021.
It will cover areas including:
- Hiring staff from outside the UK
- Providing services to EU customers
- Preparing for changes to importing and exporting
- Checking goods comply with regulations in Great Britain and in the EU
- Checking tariffs that will apply to imported goods
- Complying with UK REACH chemical regulations
- Transferring personal data between the UK and the EU
BEIS said the webinar is aimed at those who run or own construction businesses including:
- Consultants engineers
- Supply chain businesses
A link to register for the webinar can be found here.