Finalists for CIOB’s Rising Star Award revealed
The shortlist for the Chartered Institute of Building’s (CIOB) first-ever Rising Star Award has been revealed.
A total of 12 of the best construction professionals at the beginning of their careers have been named in the shortlist.
The Rising Star Award is being run by the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) for the first time this year, as an extension to their prestigious Construction Manager of the Year awards (CMYA). This new category is for rising stars who have been in the construction industry for seven years or fewer, and demonstrated excellence in their work, the industry and among their peers.
The finalists have been whittled down by a panel of CIOB and construction professionals to Silver and Gold winners. The awards for the first ever CIOB Rising Stars will be presented at a glittering ceremony on 25 November 2020 in London, with the Rising Star winner being handed their trophy at the CMYA celebration event. Further details of the night and how to attend can be found on the CMYA website.
Caroline Gumble, chief executive of the CIOB said: “These awards are a wonderful way to acknowledge the hard work and dedication shown by the emerging talent in our industry. I’m thrilled that we had so many nominations for our first ever Rising Star award and I’m looking forward to finding out who takes the title this year. My congratulations to everyone who’s made the shortlist.”
The finalists are as follows:
- Kelly Attwood – Morgan Sindall
- Sam Bambury – Barratt London
- Vasiliki Bowler – Faithful + Gould
- Ellie Carswell – Faithful + Gould
- Annabel Clark – Faithful + Gould
- Cedric Fournier – Prime Pillar Group (Mauritius)
- Nicola Hodson MCIOB – Wates Group
- Graham Kinnear MCIOB – Graham Kinnear Property Consultant Ltd
- Mercy Ogunnusi MCIOB – Student & part-time lecturer at Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen
- Lindsey Platt MCIOB – Orbit Housing Association
- Benjamin Valliquette – Gillam Group (Toronto)
- Robert Watson – NHBC