UK's most considerate sites announced
The country’s highest performing construction sites have been confirmed at the Considerate Constructors Scheme’s (CCS) 2017 National Site Awards.
The CCS National Site Awards recognise scheme-registered sites that have demonstrated the very highest level of consideration in respect of the community, environment and workforce.
Some of the UK’s leading contractors managed to bag awards, including Carillion, Interserve and Graham Construction.
The coveted title of ‘Most Considerate Site’ was awarded in six project value bands from under £500k to over £50m.
The winning sites were:
- King Edward Skate Plaza – Robert Woodhead Ltd (Value Band 1: Under £500k)
- M&S Dulwich SF – Wates Smartspace (Value Band 2: £500k to <£1m)
- Noah’s Ark Children’s Hospital for Wales Phase 2 – Post Occupation Works – Interserve Construction Ltd (Value Band 3: £1m to <£5m)
- Discovery Academy – Carillion Construction Ltd (Value Band 4: £5m to <£10m)
- Foyle College and Ebrington Primary School & Nursery – Heron Bros Ltd (Value Band 5: £10m to <£50m)
- Ulster Hospital Phase B2 – General Ward Block – Graham Bam Healthcare Partnership (Value Band 6: £50m and over)
The awards ceremonies attracted more than 3,000 guests from construction sites across the UK and were held from 20 March – 7 April in Edinburgh, London and Manchester.
The Scheme presented 848 National Site Awards.
In addition to the six Most Considerate Site Awards, there were 337 Bronze, 319 Silver and 156 Gold as well as 30 Most Considerate Site Runners-Up.
CCS chairman Isabel Martinson said: “Congratulations to all 2017 National Site Award winners. Winning an award with the Considerate Constructors Scheme is a huge achievement, as only the top-performing sites are eligible for such an accolade.
“The successes of award-winning sites demonstrate the importance of embedding the core principles of the scheme’s Code of Considerate Practice, creating a positive long-term legacy for the local community, environment and workforce.
“Special congratulations to the Most Considerate Site award winners, who represent considerate construction at its very best.
“Each of these sites is a beacon of best practice for the industry, having clearly shown exceptional effort and commitment in pursuit of improving the image and reputation of the construction industry.”