Winners celebrate at Yorkshire annual awards
Representatives from housing providers and construction firms across Yorkshire came together in March to celebrate the Committed to Construction in Humber & West Yorkshire Awards.
The awards, held at the New Dock Hall, Leeds, were endorsed by the Chartered Institute of Building working in collaboration with Little Spark. The awards reflected the dynamic nature of the construction industry and highlighted the broad spectrum of construction excellence delivered by businesses working in the area.
CIOB Leeds Hub chair David Pearce said: “These awards celebrate the region’s commitment to building communities and highlight the broad spectrum of construction excellence delivered by businesses working in the area. They demonstrate what can be achieved through strong partnerships, a clear vision and delivery through high quality implementation.
“We were overwhelmed at quality of the entries we received. The winners are all very deserving of their awards and we look forward to seeing them again next year and finding out more about their ongoing and future programmes of work.”
A keynote speech was delivered by CIOB President, Rebecca Thompson, who also presented the inaugural Andrew Platten Award: (for) Engagement with the Construction Community to the winner, Mark Groom.
Hosted by Mark Dolanw the 10 CCIHWY winners were presented with their awards by representatives from the category sponsors.
The Awards will be held again next year in Spring 2019.
- Achiever of the Year Award – Sponsor: CIOB Novus – Winner: Thomas Coleman – A-one+
- BIM Initiative of the Year Award – Sponsor: Class Of Your Own – Winner: Interserve Construction
- Collaborative Working Award – Sponsor: CIOB Leeds Hub – Winner: Interserve Construction
- Innovation Award – Sponsor: LSS Waste – Winner: NG Bailey
- Social Value Award – Sponsor: Soar Build – Winner: Henry Boot Construction: The Glass Works Phase 1
- Team of the Year Award – Sponsor: Yorkshire Builders Federation – Winner: Henry Boot Construction: Rudding Park Spa
- Training Award – Sponsor: Leeds College of Building – Winner: Esh Constructio
- Trainee of the Year Award – Sponsor: Third Thursday Club – Winner: Tom Brady, Henry Boot Construction
- Project of the Year Under £5M – Sponsor: Morgan Sindall – Winner: A-one+: A63 South Cave 6000T Project
- Project of the Year Over £5M – Sponsor: MRK Electric – Winner: ISG: Temple Learning Academy, Leeds